Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:22:20 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MIT Kerberos kadmind unable to start... [RESOLVED]

> I just upgraded to 1.2.3 and thought it'd be a nice idea to kill and
> restart the new kadmin and krb5kdc's, however, now I'm getting the
> following error:
>
> # /usr/local/sbin/kadmind
> kadmind: Cannot set GSS-API authentication names.
> kadmind in free(): warning: chunk is already free
> kadmind in free(): warning: chunk is already free

Somehow I managed to zero out the kadmind.keytab's (scratches head).
The following fixed the problem:

kadmin.local:  ktadd -k /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab kadmin/admin kadmin/changepw
kadmin.local:  q
host# /usr/local/sbin/kadmind

ktrace is sweet.  Sorry for responding to my own question.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden