Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 23:44:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        FreeBSD amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Memory usage for AMD64

Is the memory usage on AMD64 comparable to i386?

A current i386 machine that I plan to replace is using less than 128MB of
RAM out of the 256MB installed. The swap is less than 500K. The only
processes are SSH, postfix and samba.

Will an AMD64 setup be in the same memory usage range? Under 128MB.

I am planning on getting 256MB anyways, but want to make sure that AMD64
doesn't have a bigger memory footprint for the OS and that apps don't use
significantly more memory when compiled under AMD64.

Thanks.