Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:14:23 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
To:        rama@uklinux.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to check which COM port modem is connected to?

Le Lundi, 8 sep 2003, =E0 14:04 Europe/Zurich, Ramanan Selvaratnam a=20
=E9crit :

>> --- Alex Zivenko <twistfire@rambler.ru> wrote: > You
>> must know it.
>>
>>> In windows name of port is comx
>>> in Unix - /dev/cuax-1
>>> com1 - cua0, com2-cua1, com3 - cua2
>>> Have you win on this PC? Then you can see there.
>>>
> What would be helpful to know (for future) is where one can find this=20=

> detail on MS Windows filesystem once mounted from within a free > =
system.
> Any clues?

You're not going to like it: AFAIK this is stored in the registery. But=20=

you can imagine having a dump of the proper keys done on windows exit=20
(to a flat file). Under windows 2000, you would run that as a logoff=20
script (group policies in the mmc). Under windows 9x, I don't know. I=20
don't know if regedit can work as a command line, but maybe some=20
command line tool exists.

Raphael