Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:43:52 +0200
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld - Stop in /usr/src/lib/ncurses/ncurses (6.2)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:41:58PM +0200, Ewald Jenisch wrote:

> I've got a problem doing a "make builworld" on a new machine: When I
> start "make buildworld" in /usr/src I end up with the errors below.

Hi,

Figured out the problem myself in the meantime: The machine in
question, being rather "out of the box" had a date/time-setting way
off the reality (in fact the machine-clock was set to something in
late 2006!). This, to my understanding, caused problems with cvsup
resulting in an incomplete source tree.

I corrected the time, completely deleted the source-tree, cvsuped
again, started "make buildworld" and bingo everything ran through
without any problems.

BTW, there's an interesting hint that pointed me to the time-sync
problem in the first case:

http://support.daemonnews.org/viewtopic.php?p=1121

Hope this proves helpful to others running into similar problems.

-ewald