Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:48:59 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ashley <ashley@labyrinth.net.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bus error!

yesterday i compiled and installed enlightenment. while in enlightenment i
was using netscape, and then all of a sudden my system hung, requiring a
reboot. now when i try to run X using enlightenment as my WM i get a bus
error, signal 10.

i tried recompiling all the libraries it uses, and E itself. i also
did a make world, reinstalled Xfree86 and now i have no idea what to do.

i went on irc and asked about this and as soon as i mentioned the bus
error i got "you're using BSD right?" and was told when BSD crashes it
sometimes overwrites files (or something like that).

what do i need to do to try and fix this problem? its EXTREMELY
frustrating.

Ciao.
Ashley.