Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:47:31 -0000
From:      "Lawrence Farr" <freebsd-stable@epcdirect.co.uk>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?'S=F8ren_Schmidt'?= <sos@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Promise TX4300 boot problems

I've stuck a Promise TX4300 controller in to replace
the marvell onboard SATA that I can't boot off on a
Supermicro server. If I set 2 discs up as Raid 0
or Raid 1 it's fine, But 4 discs as Raid 0+1 is detected,
installs without any problems, but hangs at the boot
loader with elf32_loadimage: read failed. I'm guesssing
the boot loader thinks it's a mirror, not a stripe and
fails to read past the first stripe on the disk?

Anyone come across this or have an idea?