Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:43:19 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        aimsllc@ibm.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not getting much further ...

Save your self the headaches and buy the cd, or download the entire
distribution to a dos partion! Trust me, I've had to re-install 2.2.2
several time (over a 33.6 modem) because of user error, and each time I've
wished I had bought it... :)

After you connect, and enter your login and password does the term program
automatically switch to packet mode? or are you manully switching to it? I'm
assuming that someone else has allready given the suggestion of setting
"open mode active" before you enter the termial mode? Also what is your
gateway and is your IP address dynamic or assigned??

Later