Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2016 05:29:33 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        "Walter Schwarzenfeld" <w.schwarzenfeld@utanet.at>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re=3A?==?utf-8?q?_devel=2Fsope=3A?= make  =?utf-8?q?=28stage-qa=29?= now fails with =?utf-8?q?DEVELOPER=3Dyes?=  complaining about iconv dependency

On Friday, July 15, 2016 01:11 SGT, Walter Schwarzenfeld <w.schwarzenfe=
ld@utanet.at> wrote:

> I think this statements should be only warnings. Cause not all  of th=
ese
> statements are right and each maintianer should decide which "USES" o=
> "LIB=5FDEPENDS" are necessairely and which not.

Well, I don't know enough to comment about whether it should be classed=
 as a warning or an error. But there's definetely a bug in the ports Mk=
 system, since adding USES+=3Diconv does not remove the error. I don't =
think I even need iconv as a dependency, it should be included lower do=
wn in the dependency tree.

--
Regards, Euan Thoms