Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:42:17 +0000
From:      Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quote from a NetBSDer

Heh, NetBSD's pkgsrc isn't much different, most ports have some options you
can set, and it's easy to customize the ports. Debian however uses
precompiled binary packages so nothing can be customized while using the
package system. I frequently do 'make patch' or 'make configure' on ports and
then go into the work dir to edit the sources.

Baldur