Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:04:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        axl@iafrica.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/PR's vs mail to freebsd-ports

 * Are ports-related PR's read with the same level as interest as mail sent
 * to freebsd-ports?
 *
 * I ask because I can imagine that ports-related PR's are "left 'til
 * later" on the grounds that they're not going anywhere. If this is the
 * case, then I'd obviously prefer to make my suggestions via the mailing
 * list first and then, should they meet with approval, submit appropriate
 * PR's.

Actually, mails sent to the mailing lists are can be very easily be
ignored because "someone else might take care of it".  (The same thing
can happen for the PRs of course, but at least those will be staring
right at us until they are handled. :)

 * If this isn't how it works, though, I'll just carry on sending PR's and
 * leaving the list alone.

If you have something urgent, I suggest you do both.  Otherwise just
PRs should be fine, we've got some dedicated people (not to name any
names, but Steve, you've got to be the MVP of the ports team) closing
them like madmen. :)

Satoshi