Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:03:18 -0700
From:      "Chris Manns" <chris@evilpuma.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD 7.0 halts on compaq v2000 laptop

I got a presario v2000 laptop with this hardware

AMD64 turion 2800
unknown motherboard
512mb ddr
ATi Xpress 200m chipset
ATi Xpress 200m graphics (basically a x300 card)

The machine has nothing on it atm, I initially tried PC-BSD which is
FreeBSD7 then I tried with FreeBSD 7 AMD64 (PC-BSD is x86 atm)

It halted at detecting the firewire ports.

I tried without acpi (I think thatswhat it is, whatever you push 2 to
disable at the boot loader)

It went further to mounting something like md0.

I've tried with verbose too, not much errors some stuff about a serial port
i believe.

Not sure where else to go with this, I've disabled other things like mtrr, I
read that a guy got freebsd 6 to work by doing something like that, I
couldn't find much info. Once I did that it halted at

start_init /stand/sysinstall

it did a few start_init's, thats the last one then she halted.

I've got no clue why its halting at different areas depending on whats
disabled.

--
~Chris Manns