Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:22:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange HDD order

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 09:40:53 -0600 Matt wrote:

> Is the concern with the apparent out-of-order numbering based on how
> you want to access these devices in areas like fstab?

No, not really. Once I set them up in the directory tree, what the drive's
device name is won't make a diff to how the system works. I was more
worried that maybe the device names (numbers) could change in the future
and then I'd have to start wonderung about what drive is what now and
where to mount what device now.

Regards,
Chris