Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:31:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Natd with Pmtu Discovery

OK.  I followed this a little further.  The problem is that the natd read
of the interface mtu precedes the skip routine that modifies it.
Unfortunately, when the skip routine modifies the interface mtu it does
not send a message to the socket as it does when the address is changed
so the -dynamic flag doesn't help.

Currently, I moved the the initiation of natd to rc.local to follow the
skip change to the interface mtu but this is less than ideal.

A better approach would be to notify the natd module of any
interface mtu change via the socket, similar to when the address is
changed with the -dynamic flag set.  This would also pick of manual
changes.

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
#4 ISP on C|NET, #1 in Ohio