Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:03:28 -0700
From:      "Carlos Andrade" <carlos@rjstech.com>
To:        <ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ipfw problems with 4.2 upgrade

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 12:58:59PM -0700, Carlos Andrade wrote:
> > IPFIREWALL is set in my kernel, I re-built it thinking that was the
> > problems.  I still get the errors at start up :
> >
> > ipfw: getsockopt(I{_FW_ADD)): Protocol not available
>
> Show the dmesg(8).
> --
> Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.edu

Okay, lots of info but here is the important stuff :

IP packet filtering initialized, divert enabled, rule-based forwarding
disabled (WHAT?), default to deny, logging limited to 50 packets/entries by
default.

Everything but the rule-based forwarding being disabled sounds right.  Hmm
this is a bad thing.  No clue where to look other than rc.conf.

-Carlos Andrade

----
Carlos A. Andrade
IS Manager