Date:      Sun, 15 May 2011 11:32:48 -0400
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jacks@sage-american.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: find and remove ?

> Thanks, Eitan, but it didn't delete. What did I do wrong?

I would need to see what command you typed :-)
Go to the top directory you start deleting from and type
find . -name _vti_\*

This will print out what it thinks should be deleted. If you don't see
the directories you expect here then please be more specific about
what should be deleted.
If you do see the directories you expect and running the find command
with "-delete" doesn't work then we could try and debug from that
point.

--
Eitan Adler