Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:50:13 -0700
From:      "Moore, Robert" <robert.moore@intel.com>
To:        "hexanism@gmx.de" <hexanism@gmx.de>, "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Resume problem (Motherboard: MSI 790GX-G65)

There are some nasty issues with this DSDT. Mainly, it uses "module-level" =
executable code, which has been illegal since ACPI 2.0. The ACPICA interpre=
ter does not support it, nor does the iASL compiler.

Once all the instances of this type of code are commented out, the DSDT com=
piles, although there are 17 warnings. Some of them are potentially serious=
. Some examples:

dsdt.dsl  3499:                         Release (MLMU)
Warning  1099 -            Statement is unreachable ^

dsdt.dsl  9069:                         Add (Local1, 0x80)
Warning  1105 -                                   ^ Result is not used, ope=
rator has no effect

dsdt.dsl  6167:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
Warning  1104 -                                 ^ Possible operator timeout=
 is ignored

You probably should check if a new bios is available for this machine.

Interesting, the MB is an MSI, but the DSDT contains this:

    Name (VEND, Buffer (0x05)
    {
        "ASUS"
    })

I will email you updated DSDT source and the output from the compiler.

Bob