Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:21:14 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Dave Boers <djb@ifa.au.dk>, green@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fix: Re: "panic: uidinfo (14) gone" on  4.0-STABLE

* Dave Boers <djb@ifa.au.dk> [000620 09:48] wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 09:03:51AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > > Could someone with more kernel experience interpret this and maybe shed
> > > some light on the cause of this panic?
> >
> > It's most likely caused by a race condition that I'm working on fixing.
> >
> > I should have a patch up RSN.
>
> I will be happy to test it, although I'm not sure if I can reproduce the
> panic.  Is the problem SMP related?

No, it has to do with running low on kernel memory and blocking, after
recovering from the low memory situation it doesn't handle the changes
properly.

There's also problems with the socketbuffer code because of the chance
of sleeping, the updates to the limit structures need to be atomic
and this should do it:

http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/uidinfo.diff

applies to HEAD.

Brian, can you please review?