Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 03:20:19 +0300
From:      Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GELI Swap password on boot

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE and I am experiencing some strange
behaviour with GELI.

Every time I boot up my computer, I get a request to enter the Encryption
password for swap. swap is not encrypted and should not be asking for an
encryption password.

I have checked and ensured that there are no providers for geli for the
ada0p3 partition. Any one have pointers on what I could check for to
rectify this.

It prompts me a total of 9 times: first as /dev/ada0p3, then as
/dev/gpt/SWAP then as /dev/gptid/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please do let me know if you need any more information.

Regards

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in a
million chances happen 99% of the time.