Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:26:35 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        Allen Campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL kills KDE distribution

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Allen Campbell wrote:

> Nicholas Charles Brawn wrote:

[...]
> > Another phrase used to describe FreeBSD recently, by a Netbsd
> > afficionado was: "FreeBSD: The Linux of the BSD World". :)
> >
> > Nick
>
> Is this a hit or a compliment?
>
> --
>   Allen Campbell       |  If it's good enough for Oracle,
>   allenc@verinet.com   |     it's good enough for me.

I believe it was a derogatory statement, coming from a "purist" user of
netbsd. To many of these "purists", anything that is used by a large
number of people, is relatively easy to use - must be the spawn of the
devil.

Just my $0.02,
Nick

--
Email: ncb@poboxes.com - http://www.poboxes.com/ncb
Key fingerprint =  DE 30 33 D3 16 91 C8 8D  A7 F8 70 03 B7 77 1A 2A