Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:17:09 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which MySQL version best to use and with/without linux threads?

On Friday 30 September 2005 06:22 am, Olaf Greve wrote:

> Then, I'm currently configuring a second beast, eehhhh, server. :)
> Being an AMD-64 19" server, running FreeBSD 5.4-Release AMD64. On it,
> I instinctively installed the latest MySQL 4.0.x version (being
> 4.0.26) and it works flawlessly with the data from my current
> production machine.

The only problem is that linuxthreads doesn't exist on FreeBSD/amd64.
You have to use one of the native thread libraries.

Your choices on 5.4 are not that great.  I'd suggest libthr on 6.0 as
the closest match to linuxthreads, but I don't recall if it is
available on 5.4.  I have a feeling it isn't.  I have a feeling your
choices are libc_r or libpthread (kse).  libpthread should smoke libc_r
for disk IO performance in general.  But modern libthr (on 6.0+) should
give it a serious run for its money.