Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2018 15:03:08 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3a_Dependencies_=e2=80=93_drm-kmod=2c_drm-stable-kmod_?= =?UTF-8?Q?and_drm-next-kmod?=

On 10/7/18 7:17 AM, Graham Perrin wrote:
> According to <https://www.freshports.org/graphics/drm-kmod/#requiredtor=
un>:
>=20
> - for drm-kmod, drm-stable-kmod is the sole runtime dependency.
>=20
> Below, I see -next- (not -stable-):
>=20
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-kmod
> drm-next-kmod
> drm-next-kmod
> $
>=20
> =E2=80=93 is that contrary to what's at FreshPorts? (Do I misunderstand=
 something?)
>=20
> ----
>=20
> More:
>=20
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-kmod
> $
>=20
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-stable-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-stable-kmod
> $
>=20
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-next-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-next-kmod
> drm-kmod
> drm-kmod
> $
>=20
> =E2=80=93 is there _truly_ intended to be some dependency between drm-n=
ext-kmod and drm-kmod?

Hi!
The version of drm-*-kmod that's pulled in is dependent on your FreeBSD=20
version.  The dependenvy shown on FreshPorts is probably based on the=20
version of FreeBSD FreshPorts is using to parse the ports tree.

gpu-firmware-kmod is a dependency of all drm-*-kmod ports, but it's not=20
a direct dependency of drm-kmod.

Regards
--=20
Niclas Zeising