Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:55:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i915 DRI broken after upgrade to 7.0-Release

Sorry for replying to myself, but there's one thing I
forgot:

I noticed there are two different drivers that support
my hardware, one is called "i810" and the other "intel".
I tried both, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I used the i810 driver before the upgrade when everything
was working, so I'm using that one now, too.  Is there
a reason why I should use the "intel" driver instead?
Why do they both exist anyway?

Best regards
   Oliver

"The scanf() function is a large and complex beast that often does
something almost but not quite entirely unlike what you desired."
        -- Chris Torek