Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 17:00:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        faulkner@devnull.mpd.tandem.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: [repost] latest working sound v30 release

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The latest WORKING sound driver v30 is at
> > >  ftp.shell.best:/pub/hasty/sound.v30.2.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Perhaps someone can try it out with the xdoom and the sndserver to see
> > > if it works. Right now, I am working on mpeg stuff and also I am very
> > > overloaded with work. Today is my only hack day that I have available.
> > >
> > > 	Have Fun,
> > > 	Amancio
> > >

> > Alas, it did not work for me.
> >
> > Boyd
>
> Could you be more specific?

Of course.

> 	Which sound card do you have.

GUS MAX 512K.

> 	What doesn't work or which app doesn't work.

xdoom's sound server with 30.2 from your ftp server.  As mentioned in your
note.

> 	If you don't get any sound, I would like to see your configuration.

Old stuff works like 30.  au files echo a little at the end.  Haven't checked
anything else.

> 	Does the system crash, etc...

sndserver dies.  It is probably that LINUX emulation is not yet complete.

> 	Tnks,
> 	Amancio

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com