Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:27:33 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple machines in the same network

> I have heard about somehthing called "virtual network" but I am not sure
> of what it means and even if it is the thing I am searching for ?

Sounds like VLAN as supported on some switches. That is really an
admin thing not a security thing. A firewall with multiple ethernet
segments is probably a good idea. Either one ethernet port on the
firewall for each customer server, or at least an individual switch
port, is probably best to prevent one customer from snooping
another customer's traffic.

Stuart