Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:54:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stupid stupid stupid floppy question

um, how do I mount a floppy disk?

I looked up stuff in the manual, and I typed

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0c /floppy

and I got the response

mount: /floppy:  no such file or directory

I know the floppy drive is configured for the system, 'cause it shows up
on the startup when I reboot.

second part of this question:  how do I get to the file on the floppy
disk, after I mount it?  I think I'm too used to GUI stuff here, gosh on
my mac, it would just show up on the desktop and I'd point and click.

Oh yeah, this is using FreeBSD 2.2.7

I know I'll be laughing and kicking myself when someone tells me how to do
this, cause it must be ridiculously easy.

thanks!

--alissa