Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:12:07 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does HP DeskJet 1112 work with lpd on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 ?

El día Tuesday, April 19, 2016 a las 06:42:01PM +0530, Manish Jain escribió:

> <<
> CUPS works nice for many years on my FreeBSD systems, actually CURRENT.
> Why you can't get it to do anything on your system? matthias
>  >>

> Thanks for responding. So my question becomes "Has anyne got HP DeskJet
> 1112 to work with CUPS on a FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 box ?"

I have set it up through the web interface as:

Driver:	HP Deskjet 1100 hpijs, 3.14.10 (color)
Connection:	lpd://192.168.2.102/LPD
Defaults:	job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided

Ofc, as a network printer (you said nothing about how this printer is
connected physically); and one needs a pkg 'hplip' installed in addition
to the CUPS packages:

hplip-3.14.10_1      Drivers and utilities for HP Printers and All-in-One devices

and: I do not have such printer and can not test it;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!