Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:15:18 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster, portupgrade, etc

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 12:16:49PM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> Poudriere really needs its own small book. Yes, you can do simple
> poudriere installs, but once you start covering it properly the docs
> quickly expand. My notes alone are longer than my af3e chapter
> limits. (I'll probably publish "FreeBSD Packaging Misery^WMastery" in
> 2018).

Please include a discussion on how to use poudriere on
a system with limited resouces (e.g., 10 GB of free
diskspace and less than 1 GB free memory).  I know
portmaster works well [1] within an environment with
only 4 GB free diskspace and 1 GB memory.

[1] portmaster worked well prior to portmgr's decision
to displace simple small tools in favor of a sledge
hammer.

--
Steve