Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:15:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      The Utz Family <utz@serv.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 w/ 3.3

hi

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Roger Hardiman:
>  |If I run grab.c obnce every 2 seconds, then
>  |1 in 5 images grabbed will have the odd and even scan lines the
>  |wrong way around.
>  |I've not had time to follow it up yet.
>
> Strange.  Non-deterministic interlace switching.  I hate those kind of bugs
> ;-)
>
> Could have something to do with the field capture error handling.  When
> it's counting to two (odd field, even field, got a frame!), if one of the
> fields errors out, I can see it might get out of sync if the frame sense
> isn't being choosy about which frame to pick back up with.

this is actually a pretty typical problem with video processing. the
company that i interned at designed and manufactured security camera
mutliplexing equipment and these kind of glitches came up all of the time
in there fpga designs.

so, does the bt848( or whatever chip is in questio ) have a +/- or o/e
line that indicates what scan line it has just emitted?