Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:42:23 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Matt <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
Cc:        imp@bsdimp.com
Subject:   Re: cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 07:31:09PM +0100, Matt wrote:

> Will Saxon said:
> >
> > Do try loading if_dc.ko or compiling that in again.
> >
> > -Will
> >

> Sorry yeah I have already added dc and various other's that I have seen
> could belong to these xircom cards. It hasn't made a difference. I
> actually believe it is xe though as when I remove the card it says this:
>
> holly pccard[172]: xe-1: Xircom (CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56)
> removed.
>
> The xe-1 part suggests xe driver I guess?
>
> Matt.

Yes, all the 16-bit Xircom Ethernet cards are handled (for some definition
of handled) by the xe driver.  Their 32-bit (Cardbus) products used very
different hardware that is understood by the dc driver.

As for your card, it looks like some resource required by the driver isn't
being allocated.  Try booting in verbose mode (boot -v) again -- I think
that turns on the right debug output in the pccard driver.  Full 'dmesg'
output would also be useful (I realise you have no network on this machine
yet - can you maybe put it on a floppy and mail it from another machine?)

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon