Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:33:20 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        "Robin P. Blanchard" <Robin_Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld over nfs failing consistently

In message <3A5C85B0.4CB3C20D@gactr.uga.edu>, "Robin P. Blanchard" writes:
>no good.
>same problem, same place.

Try looking carefully at the lines of output preceding the
first '*** Error code 1' message. The 'h2ph' program will give out
if it was unable to open any of the files in /usr/include that it
tries to convert. I've seen an installworld fail because of this
before. Among all the 'xxx.h -> xxx.ph' messages there should be
something like:

	blah.h -> blah.ph
	Can't open blah.h: No such file or directory

Usually when I've seen this, it is because of a dangling symlink
on the machine where the installworld is being performed.

Ian