Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:56:01 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@magnesium.net>
To:        Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice.org ports breaking index rebuild

Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> I apologise if this is coming through for the umpteenth time.  I'm not
> on the ports list, so you may have already gotten this information,
> but I figured I'd share just in case.
>
> It appears that several language based OpenOffice.Org ports are
> breaking index generation.  I recenly refreshed my ports and was
> unable to rebuild the index with the following error:
> # portsdb -Ufu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..fr-ooodict-BE-1.20050518: "/usr/ports/french/openoffice-1.1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
> ===> french/ooodict-fr_BE failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> After a little examination I realized the fr-oodict-BE port is trying
> to find ports/french/open0ffice-1.1, which doesn't exist.  I
> temporarily fixed the problem by linking openoffice.org from editors
> to french, and continued.  This time I ran into the same problem with
> japanese/openoffice-templates looking for japanese/openoffice-1.1.
>
> Same solution, try again:  Success - with a couple minor mentions of
> "no entry for ...".  Now I just have to remove the dummy links so I
> don't get wierd behavior in the event these ports are actually created
> rather than simply correcting the paths in the other two.

This was fixed a tiny bit ago, and we all get notified automatically
whenever INDEX builds break, so reporting it to us becomes a bit redundant.

If you re-run cvsup (you might allow a bit of time for the commit to
propagate to all the cvsup mirrors), the INDEX should build fine. Also
note that under most circumstances you don't need to build your own
INDEX: cd /usr/ports && make fetchindex works fine for most people.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@magnesium.net || adamw@FreeBSD.org