Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:21:14 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCI SIO devices hog interrupts, cause lock order problems

At 11:48 AM -0500 2004-08-31, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

>>      Go wonkies?!?  OMG ROTFLMAOTIPMTU!!!
>
>  Umm, nice; but his context beats yours.  "wonkies" is easier
>  than this acronym, which Google can't touch.

	The first two I'm sure you're familiar with, but perhaps not the third:

		OMG = Oh My G*d
		ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor, Laughing My A$$ Off
		TIPMTU = 'Till I Puke My Toenails Up

	I've said this on more than a few public mailing lists, so I'm
really surprised that Google didn't find it.  I mean, it's trivially
easy to find a FAQ I wrote back in 1991 regarding stiction (or
sticktion, I don't remember how I spelled it) in hard drives.  It's
been many, many years since I wrote that, and I certainly don't
recall knowing that I'd be posting it to a mailing list that would be
publicly archived forever.

	Besides, I wasn't commenting on his context.  I was commenting on
what it was that I'd actually seen him say/type.  I don't recall
anyone on any public mailing list I've ever been on saying that same
word (I've seen "wonky" before, but not "wonkies"), although I might
have heard people say something comparable when they've had quite a
bit too much to drink and are being very much sillier than they
normally are -- and I hang out with some people who can be
extraordinarily silly even when they're sober.

	I just thought it was extremely funny to see/hear Warner say
that, and felt that I had to comment on it -- albeit to chat@, which
no one ever reads or pays any attention to.

>                                                Not that I've
>  no clue at all ... but do you really eat tofu?

	On rare occasion, yes.  Usually in ground form, as a replacement
for ground beef, or to augment ground beef.

	Now, where did you get the idea for Tofu?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

   SAGE member since 1995.  See <http://www.sage.org/>; for more info.