Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:36:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Eric Christian Carlsen <ec@byu.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freeze on install

I recently tried to install freebsd 4.5 and it hung on the probing devices
step. I've installed freebsd 4.4 on this machine before with a few minor
differences. Since I installed 4.4 I've changed my video card and added an
internal hardware based pci modem. Here are the specs:

Abit KT7E Motherboard
Duron 850 MHz processor
US Robotics 2977 Internal PCI Hardware modem (works in linux)
ATI XPert 2000 Pro Video Card
Sound Blaster 16 ISA sound card
Logitech optical wheel mouse w/ USB to PS/2 converter

---
Eric Carlsen
ec@byu.net