Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:45:20 -0000
From:      "Max Laier" <max@love2party.net>
To:        <pf4freebsd@freelists.org>
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: Free Beer if you build it ... (Congrats)

> Congrats, guys!

Thanks.

> Unfortunately, since I finally have PF+ALTQ working on 5.1, I won't be
> installing that anytime soon...
>
> Glad to see you're joining forces to merge them into one offering.
That'll be
> nice once it matures.
>
> Does this mean no more separate versions?  I'm assuming this is still for
5.1...
>  How are you planning for 5.2 (tentative release date is 09.29.2003)?

No! pf4freebsd will continue to release new versions chaseing
OpenBSD-Current. Work on the altq-freebsd will continue as well.
The new project is mainly a "research project", to see how pf+altq could be
merged into FreeBSD.
FreeBSD schedule mentions a point "KAME Synchronization" without responsible
party yet, so our project might produce valueable input for this. And - if
FreeBSD continues without ALTQ et al - the project brings a complete SMP
kernel with ALTQ and pf which might be of value to some people, we hope.

Max