Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:50:57 +0200
From:      "V.Chukharev" <chukharev@mail.ru>
To:        "Beech Rintoul" <beech@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers k3d

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 05:51:27 +0200, Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:

> On Friday 09 November 2007, V.Chukharev said:
>> I tried it with gnome2-2.20.1, using portupgrade, pkg_delete, and
>> portupgrade -P again. No problem. Thanks!
>>
>> The only drawback for me is a conflict with math/atlas. (Well, I
>> did not recheck if the conflict remains with the new version of
>> k3d, now atlas under building, but that is a long build...)
>
> Thanks for the effort. :-)
>
> I'm not sure if it still does conflict I was planning on testing that
> before I commit it. If you find it does play nicely with atlas please
> let me know.
>
> Beech

math/atlas installed without complains. Unfortunately, k3d dies for me i=
n any case,
with or without atlas (I reinstall k3d from my local package after every=
 change).
It dies in the second tutorial '2. Panel Basics' after the line:
K-3D allows you to connect Node Properties together, so that the output =
from one Node is directed to an input on some other Node.

The following appears on the terminal window. (First two warnings come i=
mmediately
upon start. From ERROR till Killed - right at the error, and the rest af=
ter closing
BugBuddy.)

chu@chu:~ 19:50:59 $ k3d &
[1] 50800
chu@chu:~ 19:51:05 $ libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visu=
al 0x4c
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4c
  ERROR discarding empty changeset [Replace].  Context: void libk3dngui:=
:selection_input_model::implementation::on_button_click(libk3dngui::view=
port::control&, const GdkEventButton&)
  ERROR interactive.cpp line 421: assertion `Widget.get_window()' failed=

"/usr/local/bin/k3d": not in executable format: File format not recogniz=
ed
Killed
LibGTop-Server: pid 50806 received eof.

[1]+  Exit 137                k3d

BugBuddy created the following file.

chu@chu:~ 14:47:23 $ cat k3d-bugreport.txt
System: FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #5: Sun Oct 21 15:51:50 EE=
ST 2007     root@chu.me.tut.fi:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CHU i386
X Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
X Vendor Release: 10400000
Selinux: No
Accessibility: Disabled
GTK+ Theme: Clearlooks
Icon Theme: Nuvola

Memory status: size: 290936 vsize: 290936 resident: 71788 share: 1270227=
66 rss: 71788 rss_rlim: 17947
CPU usage: start_time: 0 rtime: 11264 utime: 0 stime: 0 cutime:0 cstime:=
 0 timeout: 0 it_real_value: 0 frequency: 128

----------- .xsession-errors (66547 sec old) ---------------------
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0
** Message: drive =3D 0
** Message: volume =3D 0

I need math/atlas for py-numeric, so sorry, I can't spend much time more=

to debug k3d.

Best regards,
Vladimir
-- =