Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:39:46 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <tom@peeper.my.domain>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACM pilot error

On Sun, Apr 13, 1997 at 06:17:00PM +0200, J Wunsch wrote:
> As Tom Jackson wrote:
>
> > I stumbled into a crazy way to make it work that may be indicative
> > of my setup mistake/problem. If I edit /etc/hosts and change the
> > 127.0.0.1 entry from localhost to myname.my.domain, then acm works
> > great. Of course, I cannot leave it set this way. Does anyone have a
> > clue, I'm afraid I'm clueless |-O.
>
> Why don't you name your machine `localhost' then?  Edit the hostname
> in /etc/sysconfig.
>
> --
> cheers, J"org

Well thanks for the idea but this causes my dialup dynamic addrs'd ppp
to give me an address of 127.0.0.1 which don't work to well and right
now the current kernel is causing acms to core dump when I go back to
my screwy method to invoke acm.

I have a theory that when I can get acm to work as it should then my
other problem getting fetchmail->sendmail->.forward->procmail will
also work <G>.
--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                      http://www.freebsd.org