Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:28:29 +0000
From:      Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Time to give up I fear

I rather fear I've reached the point of no return with FreeBSD. Please
understand this isn't a flame in any sense; the problems are probably a
reflection of my own ignorance, but after a lot of work and lots of help
from users I'm still unable to communicate with my modem, either on my
laptop or my desktop. Neither tip nor ppp works for me. I have no
problems with either on Linux so it can hardly be a hardware or BIOS
problem.

I like a lot of things about FreeBSD. notably its political philosophy
(quite similar to that of Debian). However, Debian works admirably for
me so FreeBSD has been just an experiment. I'm glad to have tried it and
it's been an interesting learning experience, but I'm doubtful about
persevering. (Perhaps this is just because I've had two bad colds in the
past 10 days and am feeling rather low!)

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]