Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 07:20:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vt420 terminal

> i just got this terminal minutes ago, it does work, but it seems to
> not have a db-25 connector, but has two of the wierd DEC-style modular
> connectors, one for each session, or one for both sessions and the
> other for the printer...
>
> questions:
>
> 	1). where can i obtain ready made DEC-modular <-> EIA DB-9/25
> cables?

DEC.

> 	2). where can i obtain DEC-modular connectors for making my
> own cables?

You can either get them from Digikey, or you can break off the
keying/locking piect from a normal (DB12) phone connector.  We
used Digikey parts for the CS lab at Weber State University.

> 	3). most important:  what is the pinout for the DEC-modular
> connector?

It's in the manual for the terminal.  But the multisession commands are
not, so if you expect to use them, expect to have to use a line monitor
between a DEC terminal server and the terminal itself.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.