Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:14:38 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Subject:   Re: WinModem support?

On 13-Sep-2001 Kevin Oberman wrote:
>  There is a project to "shim" the LinModem kernel module provided by
>  Lucent to allow it to be used under FreeBSD. I can vouch that this was
>  working under 4.3. Whether it still works with -stable, I don't
>  know. Unless the 3Com device uses the Lucent DSP, it probably won't
>  work.

I have it running in 4.4-RC :)

If you have trouble getting it let me know and I'll send you a tarball.

I have a modifying Makefile + uuencoded binary only object file which allows it
to work with buildkernel etc..
(make clean used to delete the linux module object file :)

I guess this could be made a port but I haven't got around to it yet.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum