Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:55:29 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@storm.FreeBSD.org.uk
Subject:   Re: panic in sbdrop(), propably not ppp-related

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 02:50:45PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> I'd like to disclaim all responsibility :-I

I'm almost convinced you're innocent. I've managed to restabilize my system
by replacing "set device PPPoE:ed1" with "set device /dev/cuaa2". I've been
pumping data through ppp for about 10 hours now and everything is perfect.

And yes, the sbdrop panic also happens if /etc/malloc.conf is a symbolic
link to aj.

/s/Udo
--
He who findeth sensuous pleasures in the bodies of lush, hot, pink
damsels is not righteous, but he can have a lot more fun.