Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:47:35 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        babkin@bellatlantic.net
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, louie@TransSys.COM, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, wes@softweyr.com, tedm@toybox.placo.com, ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

From: Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 19:59:12 -0400

> If the FreeBSD Foundation is an existing entity now, maybe we
> can just change the license for the CD images to "not for resale"
> unless the distributor signs an agreement with the Foundation ?

I think that creates a rather significant tie to the foundation that
currently does not exist and may not even want to exist.  The
foundation currently operates with a good deal of autonomy, after all,
and its founders apparently like it that way.  The foundation is not
beholden to core or anyone but its officers, and folks just have to
trust them to do the right thing.  Which is as it should be.  Any
closer ties would probably create more problems than they were
potentially designed to solve.

- Jordan