Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 05:04:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> > Sometimes the historical anachronisms come in handy, such as
> > rot13 (which seems to have vanished already).
>
> And which doesn't need to be in games in the first place - it was
> misfiled.  Again, if people were thinking with their brains rather
> than their glads, this would become swiftly apparent to even the
> dullest child among us.

I can't locate rot13 anywhere on my my disk, and I used a
a standard install from the 2.2.2 CD.  Where did you hide it?

Actually, I can see rot13 being a game of sorts.  Also,
it can be used to test caesar.

I think you should leave the leftover fragments of computer
history around.  After all, those ancient guys from the 60s
and 70s did invent unix.

Ever play one of the trek variants on a 10 character per
second teletype?  It would make an amusing retro-experience
these days.

Charles Mott