Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 10:28:57 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Gerrit =?utf-8?B?S8O8aG4=?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trek Technology Thumbdrive 16MB

In the last episode (May 04), Gerrit Khn said:
> has anyone used the subject successfully with -stable? umass(4)
> mentions the 8MB version, so I thought 16MB should actually work,
> too. However, when I plug the device in, I just get
>
> ugen0: Trek Technology ThumbDrive, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
>
> and no umass device.
>
> usbdevs shows
>
> port 3 addr 2: full speed, power 40 mA, config 1, ThumbDrive(0x1111), Trek Technology(0x0a16), rev 1.00, device ugen0

umass only attaches to devices it recognizes.  There are entries for
both the thumbdrive and thumbdrive_8mb in usbdevs, but only the 8mb
version is in umass.c.  Try copying the entry and changing
USB_PRODUCT_TREK_THUMBDRIVE_8MB to USB_PRODUCT_TREK_THUMBDRIVE, and see
if that works.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com