Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:08:25 +0200
From:      "Antonio Bravo" <tonio@abravo.org>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The problem with FreeBSD

>Okay, this is not really intended as a flame, but kinda necessary, given
the
>current situation in the FreeBSD camp.
>
>Let's see, some weeks ago a couple of people dropped >their ports
>maintainership, why did this happen? Sergey dropped >his ports because
David
>O'Brien is an asshole. Yes, no news, we all know that. >Asmodai resigned
some
>days ago, why? Because fucking Bill Fumerola is a royal >asshole. Has
fucking
>Bill Fumerola ever done any worthwhile work for >FreeBSD? NO. He prefers to
>spend his time flaming other people. FUCK YOU >FUMEROLA!
>
>Jordan Hubbard left, Mike Smith left. Why? Because a >large number of the
>people involved in FreeBSD are either assholes or >hypocrites. What's the
>prefered game in #bsdcode? Right, flaming Terry >Lambert. Terry may not be
>perfect, but he has *never* insulted anyone, he's a nice >person to talk
to,
>and pretty often comes up with nice ideas. I'm talking to >you, fucking
Hiten
>Pandya, damned asshole. And I'm talking to you, stupid >Alfred Perlstein.
>Alfred is an interesting person. He seems to be drunk >most of the time,
has
>never contributed anything important to the project, yet >he likes to flame
>around all the time.
>
>Matthew Dillon is one of the few hackers worth his salt, >what does he get
in
>return? A 5 day commit bit suspension. Matt, please, >join NetBSD, they
need
>help in the SMP code, and leave all these hypocrites >alone.
>
>David O'Brien -> good hacker but a total asshole
>Dag-Erling Smorgrav -> a total asshole
>Alfred Perlstein -> drunktard and hypocrite
>Bill Fumerola -> The überasshole, FUCK >FUMEROLA!!!!
>Kris Kennaway -> Hyprocrite
>Hiten Pandya -> an IMBECILE, grow up fucking >moron
>
>You all owe Terry Lambert an apology, stupid >hypocrites.
>
>To the rest of the people, jump shit now, and join >NetBSD while you can.
>FreeBSD is not worth the hassle.

Oooooh!! -??-
I'm reading BSD lists for a while...valuable.
   - OpenBSD:
One found some US kiddies using more or less slang on OpenBSD, but excepted
the now old war between Theo De Raadt and some other guys of NetBSD - the
petty war that created the new state in BSDland (=OpenBSD) - there are
really few flames or silly talks.
   - NetBSD:
I do not remember rude and non-technical topics.Excepted  previous: the De
Raadt case.And I guess De Raadt was ok, he is an extremely clever and
efficient hacker...so his straight talking is just superficial.Like some
artists...
   - FreeBSD:
 The FreeBSD foundation is one of the best thing in the area of computing:
the unix spirit of research and freedom plus a broad audience, many balanced
figures like Hubbard and Lehey , dedicated to some noble goal.This is just
like Renaissance Humanism, but in computers science.
And now I read this post from Fumerola : ???
Anyway: not important.
I hope there aren't really serious ego problems at FreeBSD, I mean problems
that could damage the development itself.
About Hubbard: I guess he has became just too busy with Apple, and well, so
many years at core FreeBSD...

To talk more technical: "the problem with FreeBSD" for me is this one:
   why no implementation of the ATA cd-rom access as a scsi one ? that makes
things much easier for the burning process among other things.The ata <-->
scsi code is in Net, Open ( and Linux) for a while now and works fine.
You see: this not a theological problem :-)...

Antonio - an "advanced" BSD luser...

NB: I apologize.I write this on OutLook under w2k, because I need sometimes
to use that anyway.But when more software will be ported to unix the world
will burn micro$oft...