Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 1996 16:10:24 +0200
From:      Michael Soentgerath <boss@du.gtn.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Subject:   Problems mounting ATAPI CD-ROM

Dear developers,

I got the FreeBSD-current SNAPSHOT CD-Rom, but using the
bootfloppy on it I have trouble to access my CD-Rom. I have
the same problem with the FreeBSD 2.1 ATAPI Floppy Boot-Disk!
Well I can also startup from the CD-ROM with INSTALL.BAT from
MS-DOS but if I define the CD-ROM medium from the INSTALL-Menue
the dialog box tells me, that it can not mount my CD-ROM!

In all points I see the CD-ROM with name and type like the
rest of my hardware in the booting startup screen!

I can also make FreeBSD partitions and filesystems on my HD!

Would you please be so kind to give me a tip, how I can
get -currend installed from the SNAPSHOT CD-Rom ?!

Since I'm not member of the mailinglist, please include
me into your replies via Cc:, thanks a lot !

This is my ATAPI CD-Rom drive as recognized by the 2.1 kernel:

Hitachi ATAPI CDR 7730 4x speed

Michael Soentgerath
mailto: boss@du.gtn.com
Michael Soentgerath