Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:30:31 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC2 is now available

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   Argh..  The ISO has been sitting on ftp-master since this morning
> and the FTP-release has been there since last night.  There are
> multiple entries from ftp.freebsd.org in the rsync log but for some
> reason the ISO isn't being transfered.  I've emailed the
> ftp.FreeBSD.org admins so hopefully we can get this resolved soon.  In
> the meantime I'm copying the release over to releng4.freebsd.org
>
>   In 28 minutes you should be able to get the ISO from :
> ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES

I've now managed to get a copy of this and it is mirrored in the UK (via
http only I'm afraid - i'm firewalled) at

http://ury.york.ac.uk/~ftp/FreeBSD/4.4rc2-install.iso

It will be accessible from there until the ISO image becomes available
from some of the UK ftp servers. This server is located on JANET, so
should be fast to donwnload to other UK universities.

md5 of this is cfd964cd85401e42b1dc4e59efcd00da, though please note this
has not been confirmed as correct by 'those in charge'...

Gavin

--
"Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed."
                                                     -- Carolyn Scheppner