Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:50:41 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   can I do this with a midi program?

I have some tunes as midi files that I want to edit.
Each note has to have its length altered slightly, and some
notes need to start soft and get louder, others start loud and
get soft, or have a loudness bulge in the middle then fade off
to inaudible. Like a fancy singer might do.

If I can do this sort of thing with midi (or another sound file
format), can anyone suggest what software to look at? If I
can't, please tell me that, too :-)  I don't need to be able to
record or play back, and can handle music notation or any other
representation, the more raw the better actually.

FWIW, I know a lot about music and unix, very little about midi
and sound on computers generally (but I'm a wiz on PC speaker
tunes), and I can learn anything myself from docs if given a
starting direction. I just don't know what I'm looking for.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-