Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 1994 18:35:00 +0000
From:      GLENRIDGE!MIS!loughmig@bscc.attmail.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Making the bootable floppy and trying to

quick question-during initial installation... I built the floppies(boot and
cpio) and boot from the floppy. But the boot dies with a panic and you have
to 'reset'.

Here's what we got..
fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernal mode
fatal virtual addr. 0x0
code      = supervisor read, page not present
pointer        0x8:0xf01119ee
code segment   base 0x0, limit xffff type 0x1b

The pc is a compaq 486/33 EISA capable.... With 24 Mg Memory and 2 Compaq
Hard Disk controller arrays....

Another questions is... Does the root partition need to be on drive C? Or
can it be on a secondary drive(in my case D:)?
I have quite a bit of experience with 4.3 on a SUN, and a little on BSDI....

Any response/help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Reply either via net or thru compuserve(71603,2666)
THANKS!!!!!
Greg Loughmiller
Atlanta GA
:-)