Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 18:21:10 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        dg@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCI LKM support added to -stable

On 1998-03-07 08:29 -0800, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> Sounds like something we can live with, though I wonder why you
> propose to make a new rc.lkm file rather than simply modifying rc to
> do the right thing when /lkm/pci/lkm.map is found?  /etc/rc.lkm
> seems to be a mostly gratuitous creation of another file.

Ok. I don't need a separate file, but thought it was easier to get
this change accepted, if it was kept in a file of its own.

If you don't mind making /etc/rc more complex than it currently is,
then I'm going to merge the PCI LKM support in.

What about the location of the PCI LKM loadable modules ?

I have suggested to create a new directory (/lkm/pci) for them, but
there is no technical reason to not put them directly into /lkm.

How about the location of the file that maps PCI vendor/device IDs
to module names. Should it reside with the LKMs, or be found in /etc ?

Regards, STefan