Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2006 07:47:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Adam Nealis <adamnealis@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How should a non-port maintainer submit a binary package for a port?

Hi,

Having just taken the plunge and updated my world to 6.0-STABLE on one of
my boxen, I'm going through the process of installing gnome2 et al. I've
used

portinstall -Pp

so as to end up with packages for everything I install so that I can more
quickly update my other box from 5.4-RELEASE to 6.0-STABLE + packages.

Since I'll soon have used up a lot of time building binary packages, it
occurred to me that it might be useful to submit these packages to the
official repositories.

But the question is "How?".

Do I have to contact the port maintainer?

Would the maintainer trust me?

Adam.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com